Hill Clements are an independent estate agent who have developed strong relations with the town over the past 24 years. It is very easy to become completely engrossed in our work without thinking what else is going on in and around the town. As a result we are keen to give something back and with Christmas approaching it seemed appropriate to help support a local charity the town.
The North Guildford Food Bank was set up three years ago to provide temporary help for individuals and families in the Guildford area who are in need. Working alongside local agencies and churches and the community they are keen to ensure no one goes hungry.
The North Guildford Food Bank is based at three locations in the town, St Clare’s, Park Barn, the New Hope Centre , Bellfields and Bushy Hill Community Centre, Merrow. They have helped several thousands of people over the course of the 3 years they have been running and Hill Clements are keen to add their support to what is a vital service.
Hill Clements are hoping to attract donations from clients past and present which we will then match and pass on as a donation.
You may be clearing out your cupboards in anticipation of stocking up at Christmas or about to undertake the weekly shop, if so Hill Clements would greatly appreciate if you could assist us in supporting such a worthy cause.
Ideas for donations are as follows:
- Tinned vegetables and fruit – not baked beans.
- Tinned meat.
- Toilet Rolls
- Long life milk and fruit juice
- Tinned or packet potatoes
- Tinned or packet puddings and jelly
- Baby milk, nappies size 5 & 6
- Soap, toothpaste, toilet rolls
- Bleach, washing up liquid
- Small boxes of washing powder.
- Bags – the 5p charge for plastic bags has seen their uses plummet and these are required for bagging up the food parcels.